Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am!



Yeah, it was like that!  "I had this vision", these words can stop my husbands camo slippers in his tracks, but seriously I had this vision that i wanted a dresser or buffet as my TV stand. You know some MidCentury find the was built well and could take a beating and a coat of a paint.  It never came to be and we had to compromise on a "screw it together yourself" TV stand which has served it's purpose for a couple years. 

But then today I saw "it" a dresser that would indeed serve my purpose and as fast as my little mind could run i was making a plan and mulling it over twice and a few minutes later i declared "I'm buying it!"  

Some of you may or may not know but i know longer have my pick-up truck, a girls best friend, so I asked my partner in crime, Sharon, if the hubby would mind me borrowing his pick-up.

So within 2 hours of this glorious moment I was at home sanding, wiping and painting my new TV stand.

As I type this post (Sunday, yeah a day later) it is basically complete and in position after a second coat of a paint and some reassembly.

So like I said Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am! It's done! (photos of completed project to follow in a day or two)












2 comments: