Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jack Daniels, Ku Klux Klan and Pickin'








First stop this beautiful sunny morning was the 2011 Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ in Lynchburg, Tennessee. I loved some of the names of the competitors and the smell was unbeatable.


I can not confirm or deny this story but i was told that the Parade i saw in downtown Pulaski this afternoon was a Ku Klux Klan Parade. I was told today the origins of the Ku Klux Klan was to restore order or law to the south after the civil war and that it wasn't until the 1960's that it got it's negative reputation.  I would like to think that today's demonstration was to celebrate it's origins of creating a lawful safe place to live.



Tonight my moms neighbor gave me a private showing of his warehouse where i got to snoop around throughs aisles of trash and treasures! It was like taking a stroll through time, i saw many things that reminded me of my childhood and others had me wondering what history they held.  He was kind enough to give me this cool old tobacco tin i had my eye on.


No comments:

Post a Comment